This smoothie sham-ROCKS! Create a minty fresh "shake" for a St. Patrick's day treat!
1 ripe avocado
1 cup (8oz.) Greek yogurt
1-1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup packed spinach
10 small mint leaves
1/2 cup water
2 cups ice
1. Carefully, cut avocado in half, remove the seed, and scoop avocado flesh into blender canister.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Blend until smooth. TASTE & SHARE!
Tips for cooking with Rad-Kids:
Kids can easily scoop avocado, peel banana, pour water, and pick mint leaves for this delicious smoothie.
Drink your veggies! Encourage your Rad-Kid to experiment with different vegetables in this smoothie. What vegetable would he or she like to drink? Kale, cucumbers, carrots?
This recipe is a great time to teach blender safety! Here are some tips to discuss with your child:
- No fingers inside the canister. Instead, drop or pour food inside.
- Always secure the lid tightly before starting the blender.
- Press the ‘on’ button together (child and adult).
- Start on low speed, slowly increase to high.
- Visit our safety tips for more information.
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join our membership today!