Show your love! Create a healthy, "hearty" Valentine's day dinner for your family.
Hearty Family Meatloaf
Hidden Veggie Puree:
2 handfuls spinach
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup parsley
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup all natural ketchup
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 lb. lean ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp balsamic
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree "hidden veggies" into a thick paste using a food processor.
3. In large bowl, combine veggie puree with egg, oats, milk, ketchup, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
4. Using your hands, gently mix ground meat into veggie mixture until fully combined.
5. Gather meat mixture into a large ball and set it a 13x9 baking pan.
6. Shape meat into a heart. (Then wash your hands!)
7. Stir meatloaf topping together in small bowl. Spread topping on heart shapped meatloaf.
8. Bake for 1 hour. TASTE & SHARE!
Tips for cooking with Rad-Kids:
Kids can measure, mix, mold, and "paint" sauce onto the heart-shaped meatloaf.
Food is art! Make a connection between sculptors and chefs - in this recipe, Rad-Kids use their hands to mold and sculpt food into the shape of a heart.
This recipe is a great time to teach proper sanitation while working with raw meat. Discuss the importance of washing hands and avoiding cross-contamination. Visit our safety tips for more information.
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join our membership today!