Bake lemon bars to sell at your summertime lemonade stand! Support a great cause by donating a portion of your earnings to charity. Visit www.alexslemonade.org/raddishkids for more details!
Lemonade Stand Lemon Bars
For the crust:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
For the filling:
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup lemon juice
powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make crust: Use electric mixer to cream butter, salt, and sugar until fluffy. Gradually add flour.
3. Spread crust on the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, make filling: Stir sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add eggs and lemon juice. Blend with electric mixer until well combined.
5. Pour lemon mixture over warm crust. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
6. Allow bars to cool (they will firm up) before cutting into squares. Dust with powdered sugar to garnish. TASTE & SHARE!
Tips for cooking with Rad-Kids:
This recipe provides a great opportunity to teach kids how to juice lemons! Use the following tips:
- Heat your lemon for a few seconds to help juice flow.
- Roll your lemon on the counter to loosen up the interior pulp.
- Use a reamer or hand juicer to help you get more juice.
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join today!