Crunchy colorful veggies, orzo pasta and a tasty vinaigrette make this dish a lunchtime delight!
1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 medium cucumber
1 cup Kalamata olives
6 oz. block mozzarella cheese
For the vinaigrette
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1. Boil water in pot. Add orzo. Cook for 7-9 minutes, until firm yet chewy.
2. Strain orzo. Rinse under cold water. Drip dry and add to large bowl.
3. Cut tomatoes, cucumber, and olives in half. Add to orzo.
4. Cut cheese into small cubes. Add to orzo.
5. To make vinaigrette: measure vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper into a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
6. Stir vinaigrette and orzo together. Let salad stand for 10 minutes. Taste and share.
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join today!