Calling all Rad-Dads! Surprise mom with brunch for Mother's Day! With just a few ingredients, this casserole can be assembled with the kids on Saturday afternoon and baked on Sunday morning.
Blueberry French Toast Bake
2 cups milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 loaf challah, brioche, or egg bread
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups blueberries
1. Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add milk and maple syrup. Whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
2. Cut or tear bread into 1 inch cubes. Place half of the bread cubes in a 13x9 baking dish.
3. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and layer over bread in baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup blueberries.
4. Top cream cheese layer with remaining bread. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
5. Pour egg mixture over casserole. Use a spatula to press bread into the liquid. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least an hour).
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes (covered). Remove cover and bake for 25 minutes more or until golden brown. Serve with maple syrup. TASTE & SHARE!
Tips for cooking with Rad-Kids:
This recipe provides a great opportunity to teach kids how to crack eggs! Use the following technique:
Crack-Push-Pull: Hold the egg using two hands. Crack it gently on the inside of the bowl. Push your thumbs into the crack and pull the egg apart, allowing the egg to drop into the bowl. Throw your shell into a waste bin right away (don’t set it on the counter). Wash your hands with soap and water.
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join today!