Charles Schulz had it right when he said, "all you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt". So we think Valentine's Day is the perfect time to shower someone you love with decadent, gooey chocolate -- that is quick and easy to make. (TIP: leave this recipe lying on the counter. We think your kids will LOVE making this deliciously fancy recipe for YOU!)
Valentine Volcano Cakes
For the pan:
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp sugar
For the cake:
1 stick butter
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour
For the whipped cream:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush melted butter into 6 muffin cups -- or use heart shaped silicone liners. Sprinkle in sugar to adhere to the butter. Shake out any excess.
- Cut butter into small cubes. In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate and butter for 20 seconds. Stir. Repeat until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and salt to the chocolate mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk. Pour eggs into chocolate bowl.
- Add flour and stir all ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes. **Cakes will jiggle in the center -- do not overcook! Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour cream and sugar into a cold bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until fluffy with stiff peaks.
- Carefully use a silicone spatula to flip cakes out of muffin tin and onto individual serving plates. Top with whipped cream and garnish with berries.
Raddish is a monthly cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, each monthly thematic cooking kit takes the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn.