These adorable cookies are fun and easy to make! Kids love rolling the round balls through mounds of soft powdered sugar. And the best part is just one batch yields about 4 dozen cookies -- making them perfect for gifting to friends, family, neighbors, and teachers!
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely ground
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
1. In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add ½ cup powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until well combined.
2. Add flour and pecans, and mix until dough is well blended.
3. Divide dough in half and roll each half into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes until chilled.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350° and stir together remaining 1 ½ cups sugar and cinnamon, if using.
5. To form cookies, remove small chunks of dough, about 2 tsp each. Roll these into small balls. Bake on baking sheet about ½ inch apart, until just pale golden, about 14-18 minutes.
6. Cool cookies on baking sheet until they are cool enough to handle, then gently roll them through powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Raddish is a monthly cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, each monthly thematic cooking kit takes the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn.
Image courtesy Flickr/EmilyCarlin