Quinoa Pizza Poppers
Energize your child's day with protein-packed pizza poppers! Mix and match your family's favorite pizza seasonings to create a lunchtime food that keeps your children full and focused!
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 cup pinto beans, drained
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Measure quinoa into saucepan. Add water. Bring quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Cool quinoa. Fluff with fork. Measure 1 cup for recipe. Save the rest!
3. In the meantime, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Mash pinto beans in a large bowl until smooth. Add tomato paste and ricotta cheese. Mash until smooth and combined.
5. Sprinkle salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder into bowl. Add mozzarella and quinoa. Mix well.
6. Scoop out 2 Tbsp of mixture. Roll into a ball. Repeat.
7. Set quinoa balls on parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Taste and share!
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join today!