Setup for Kitchen Success
Are you ready to start cooking with your young chef? Prepare your kitchen with simple tools that make cooking together fun, easy and less messy!
Top 5 Cooking Tools for Young Chefs:
1. Proper Cutting Utensil – When it’s time to chop, the wrong cutting utensil can be frustrating and dangerous. Select a “knife” based on your child’s skill level.
• Beginner – Craft Scissors
• Intermediate – Plastic Lettuce Knife
• Advanced – Small Pairing Knife
• Expert - 6" Chef's Knife
2. Steady Cutting Board – Use a thick cutting board that does not slide around. If it wiggles, steady your board by placing kitchen cabinet liner or a towel underneath.
3. Garbage Bowl – Keep your child’s work surface clean (and less overwhelming). Use a nearby mixing bowl to collect scraps and garbage.
4. Step Stool or Fun Pod – Make sure your child is at the proper level for participation. The fun pod is a steady, enclosed step-stool with adjustable height settings.
5. Kitchen Towels – Spills happen! Save on paper towels and purchase a value pack of bar mops or kitchen towels. Dirty towels can go straight to the laundry basket after use!
Raddish is a cooking club for kids! Created with a mission of bringing families together in the kitchen and at the table, our monthly thematic cooking kits take the guesswork out of cooking with kids while creating delicious kitchen memories along the way. Raddish is designed by a team of educators and chefs who believe the kitchen classroom is the tastiest place to learn. Join our membership today!